It won’t be long before Windows 7 or 8.1 users will be able receive a free upgrade of the latest Windows 10. Of course, if you’ve already made a reservation, your turn will come to download the new operating system at no cost whatsoever. Just in case you’re wondering, there’s a lot to love about Windows 10 since there’s not only an interface revamp but also under-the-hood tweaks that are worth upgrading for. Still, it’s best to take precautions before you do so in order to ensure a seamless transition between the two. Here are 3 tips that will help you do so quite easily: 1: Backup Your Data Before you upgrade, get a local backup done if your data is already uploaded to OneDrive or another cloud service. Of course, it’s good to have three copies: offsite and local backup and one backup on your system. 2: Acquaint Yourself With Windows 10 Those who begin using Windows 10 will see that there are a lot of features that resemble Windows 7. Of course, one familiar one is the Start screen. However, there are new ones such as Task View, the Edge browser, the Cortana personal assistant, modern Office, windowed modern UI apps. Last but not the least, Windows Hello, if you’ve got the right hardware. 3: Learn the Shortcuts At first glance, the new shortcuts on Windows 10...Read More
Month: July 2015
- How to Effectively Game on an Apple Computer
- Effective cooling solutions for factories, warehouses, and small data centers.
- Predicting the Future of Digital Wallets and Their Impact on Consumerism
- The winners of 2017 Blavatnik National Awards for Young Scientists
- How Modern Technology Has Influenced Today’s Command Center Design